- 12-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sliced Almonds, toasted for about 10 min @ 300°F
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup “Mother’s Pure Preserves” Cranberry Orange Marmalade
Beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Spread filling evenly in cooled crust; chill 1 hour. Spread marmalade evenly over filling. Sprinkle almonds over. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
(For variation try other flavors of Mother’s Pure Preserves)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 large egg yolk
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Lemon Juice
Mix flour and sugar together on work surface. Make well in the center of mixture; add egg yolk. Scatter butter cubes over flour mixture. Using hands, gently mix ingredients together until well blended and dough forms. Flatten the dough into a disk; wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom with nonstick spray. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Brush crust with a little lemon juice. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 18 minutes. If you use ready crust it takes about 10 minutes. Cool crust in pan on rack.